Saturday, August 26, 2017

Cowardly FvC avoids the limelight while trashing our country

Well, there are Friday night news dumps, and then there are "Friday Night News Dumps"!

Last night, when nobody was watching (everyone concentrating on Hurricane Harvey hitting landfall in Texas), FvC* pardoned Joe Arpaio, transgenders were banned from the military by FvC order and Sebastian Gorka was ousted from the White House.

Exactly how Gorka exited is subject to debate, but who cares. He was a horrible person that didn't belong there in the first place. Good riddance.

I believe anyone who wants to serve our country deserves to be allowed to. As Senator Tammy Duckworth said in a statement, "When I was bleeding to death in my Black Hawk helicopter after I was shot down, I didn’t care if the American troops risking their lives to help save me were gay, straight, transgender, black, white or brown. All that mattered was they didn't leave me behind. If you are willing to risk your life for our country, and you can do the job you should be able to serve — no matter your gender identity or sexual orientation." Amen.

How cowardly is it for FvC to pull all this shit under cover of darkness? What's amazing is that is appears to be working. I've been watching CNN off and on all morning, and there has been nothing but Hurricane Harvey news. Not one word have I seen what happened to Gorka, transgenders or Arpaio. There might have been some coverage, I've just missed it so far. Stealth works, unfortunately. He knows the transgender memorandum and the pardon will not be well received by most of the country, so throw it out there on a Friday night with a hurricane devastating Texas. Wow!

The pardon really fired up the Twitterverse.  It was expected, though. FvC had forecast this at his Arizona rally last Tuesday. It is, of course, totally egregious and reinforces those who believe that FvC is both racist and has total disregard for the rule of law.

Paul Begala said on Bill Maher's HBO show that he feels this is a signal to those under investigation by Mueller's task force that FvC has their backs.

I can't add anything new to those who are outraged by these horrible, horrible acts and writing about it. I'm just commenting on my hatred for the situation so that I can be added to the millions who abhor FvC and how he's ruining the country.

I wonder what it will take (if anything) to get the Republicans to finally say, "Enough is enough." I've written before that the end result will be how much permanent damage has been inflicted on this country once FvC has gone, whenever that may be. How many years will it take to get back to something called "normal"?

*Fuckface von Clownstick, courtesy Jon Stewart

No comments: